Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easter Post-Finally

This Easter post is a little late because we were moving and then I had to find the camera to get some pictures off of it. Some of these pictures (the good ones) are taken by my friend Hayden, they probably turn out better for her because A) she is a professional, or B) when she uses her giant camera Joshua doesn't recognize it as a camera and so she can get a lot closer than I ever could without him being distracted.

We thought we would be moving Easter weekend so I wanted to do one more fun relaxing thing before it got really hectic, so the Monday before Easter Joshua and I went over to Hayden's and decorated Easter eggs. It went much better than either of us expected and the kids had a really good time.
Here is our setup
Joshua loved to drop the eggs into the cups. It was hard to slow him down. Here I am trying to clean up some of his splashes. But even with all of that no dye hit the floor and there was only one spill.
Joshua also loved putting the eggs in the drying area, and rearranging the eggs.
The kit came with stickers which was great for the little guys.
Look at how busy and concentrating they are.
Here is all of us together. Notice that we are all wearing dark clothing, that was preemptive mommy planning against stains
And the finished product; I thought the colors came out beautifully. Well we didn't end up moving Easter weekend so the Easter bunny was able to find us. Joshua made out really well since last year we were moving and didn't do anything for Easter.
Saturday morning we had an egg hunt in our yard. We invited Ayana over because there were so many eggs. I had to laugh because while we were waiting for the Easter bunny to come I took Joshua out and he got wet and dirty, he is all boy. Here he is tromping around. But Ayana comes over dressed so beautifully for spring, she is all girl.
Joshua had a blast finding eggs. But we had to work on keeping him from getting too distracted by what was in the eggs.
He would just stop and try to open them and eat the stuff inside.
But he still came out pretty well.
Sunday morning the Easter bunny left Joshua some goodies He got finger paints, a chocolate bunny, a book with pictures of Jesus in it, Where the Wild Things Are, and a CD with songs from his favorite movie about Pooh Bear and a Heffalump.

The next morning there was an egg hunt at the Yund's yard. Again Ayana was dressed up like a princess.
Joshua just wanted to ride in Ayana's car, so we pushed him around to get his eggs. What a spoiled kid.
The kids were really good and shared the eggs.
And they got along really well.
Then it got really cute.
It was a wonderful Easter weekend with the beautiful weather and general conference. I ended up being glad we waited a week to move so we could really enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I can't believe how big Joshua has gotten :)

    ReplyDelete