Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Joshua and Minna Stories

Joshua is such a great big brother and he has been so good lately. I am probably going to jinx it, but before Minna was born it used to take forever to get ready in the morning, now Joshua is more cooperative (it probably helps that if he isn't cooperative I can wrestle him down again since I am not pregnant anymore), and we can get out at the same time as I could before even with two.

Joshua is always watching out for Minna. Whenever we go somewhere I think he thinks I am going to forget her and leave her where ever I set her down, or leave her in the car. He insists that Minna be put in the car before him and taken out before him, and if I go for him first he chants "Minna, Minna, Minna" until I take care of her.
I don't have to worry about him intentionally hurting her, but his concern for her can make me nervous. One day it was nap time for Joshua, and Minna wanted to nurse. Often times she will just wake up and decide she is starving and start screaming and this was one of those times (so its not like I had been holding off feeding her). Since she was screaming anyway I put Minna back down so I could get some milk for Joshua for his nap with two hands because it would be faster. Then I was going to take them both upstairs and nurse her while I read him stories. Well I turn around and Joshua seeing Minna screaming, and knowing that when she cries we pick her up, was reaching down to pick her up. Fortunately I was able to stop him before he did. He meant well, and hasn't tried since.
Sunday I was trying to take some pictures of Minna in her pretty dress. I put her in her chair, but didn't do it up since I was right there and it is pretty flat, she doesn't slide around.
He got all concerned that she wasn't buckled in and tried to fix the problem.
Minna also loves Joshua. She will look at him the longest and when she is fussy, she will quiet down really easily when Joshua gives her a kiss. I am pretty sure they remember each other from the pre-existence and are excited to see each other again.

1 comment:

  1. Minna's so pretty! And, Joshua is so sweet and attentive. My friend's 4 year old was "playing: with Myna the other day - I keep trying not to imagine what in the world happened to get Myna in the position she ended up in. I swear I only turned around for 4 seconds . . .

    ReplyDelete