Friday, March 4, 2011

Missionary Family Home Evening


Last summer I found a suit for Joshua at a garage sale. A couple of weeks ago he finally fit in it well enough, so he wore it to church. We didn't have a tie for him that day, and Joshua insisted that he wear a tie like Daddy, so Brian took one of his old ties and tied it for Joshua, and stuffed the rest of the tie down Joshua's suit pants.

He went to church like this and was so adorable.

A couple of weeks and a haircut later Brian and I were wondering what we should do for family night. Brian had just been going through his old missionary stuff and Joshua had been running around the house with a piece of paper saying "These are my missionary papers." So I thought we would teach him what a missionary does.

For family night Brian put on his suit coat and Joshua put on his suit coat and they wore Brian's old missionary tags. Then we put a backpack on Joshua with Book of Mormons (or is it Books of Mormon, I can't remember), in it. Minna and I went into the laundry room and shut the door, and Brian and Joshua came and knocked on the door. Brian helped Joshua do a quick missionary doorstep introduction. Then we all went to the couch and looked at pictures of missionaries in the Ensign. Then we ate cookies. I love family nights with a two year old.

1 comment: