This week was the first time I got to take Joshua to school. I didn't cry, but it totally weirded me out leaving him the first day. Joshua didn't want to go to school on Monday. I asked him why and he said that he wanted to stay home with me. I don't know if it had to do with me being gone the week before, or he just knew what to say. I was able to distract him though by pulling out the chart of how to get ready for school I had made a few weeks earlier. I also got out the laminator, so Joshua got distracted by the gadget. I then told him if he did all the things on the chart before we needed to leave he would get a sticker. Fortunately I had just gotten some Disney stickers in the mail, so he was totally enthused with the idea. He got ready for school and as I was getting my shoes and Miriam in her car seat to walk out the door, he looks at me and says, "Mom, what is taking you so long."
By Wednesday he stopped saying he didn't want to go. Thursday he had his first swimming class. The girls and I stayed to watch. They have these "bubbles" which are foam float things they wear on their backs to help them float. The better the swimmer they are the less floats they wear. It was kind of chaotic. They had one teacher with the kids who were willing to be in the water basically herding the kids back and forth across the pool. Another teacher worked on convincing the nervous kids to get in the water. Joshua was willing to get in just fine so he was in the big pack. He swims with his feet underneath him, so it is like he is treading water, but inching forward. He was the slowest one of the pack, but he also had the biggest grin on his face the entire time.
The kids also got to jump in the water, and go down a mini water slide. Joshua did both of those tons of times. The life guard kept having to tell him to walk instead of running.
Everyday he has to unwind from school. He really has gotten in to playing in the backyard with Minna. I think he just enjoys some unstructured time. He also has been napping more often. School tires him out, but he seems to enjoy it.
One thing I love about him being in school is Joshua and Minna fight a lot less. A little space does them good, and they miss each other so they are so excited to play together. One thing I don't like is this is my favorite time of year. I love to just be outside and watch the kids play, and now it takes a little more work to have Joshua be a part of that. But here is to this new stage of life for the family.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment