Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

This year we had a really nice Christmas.  Christmas Eve was Brian's last day working the swing shift this cycle.  We spent the morning hanging out, the big kids and I took cookies around to the neighbors.  Miriam had broken into some presents the day before so the kids already had some new toys to play with which kept them occupied for a long while. 

Christmas eve evening the kids and I were invited to dinner at a friend's house.  The kids got to play then we reinacted the Nativity.  Joshua loved it.  He got to be a wiseman.  He told Brian he "got to bring gifts to baby Jesus, but she wasn't really Jesus, her name wasn't even Jesus".  Joshua also wanted to have a night like that again soon.

Brian was bored at work, it was a really slow night.  So he thought about all sorts of last minute things he could get me for Christmas.  So after he got off work around midnight he drove to town, where he found out that nothing is open Christmas Eve Night/Christmas morning.

The kids slept in till 7:15 and I was nursing Miriam. They came in and gave me a big hug, didn't even ask about presents. But they were excited to go downstairs. The kids got alot of cool stuff from Santa and grandparents. It kept them plenty busy today. 





 The kids were good the only issues being they wanted to get every toy out that they opened.  They weren't happy that we wouldn't let them play with stuff that Miriam could choke on, but fortunately all the new toys distracted them soon enough.

We almost had a gift meltdown though.  A while back Joshua and Minna were fighting over a dump truck, so I suggested that they each ask for one for Christmas, and give the other one to Miriam.  Well when I sent out lists to grandparents for ideas for the kids my MIL said she would get the dump trucks.  Joshua in the meantime was excited for the dump truck, he even took a picture to school of one for what he wanted for Christmas.  I was proud that his list never expanded.  He thought about asking for a tractor too, but decided that would have to wait until next year.  But I guess my MIL misunderstood and thought since there was already one dump truck in the house, that Minna needed one and Joshua didn't.  She got him a tractor instead.  He was super excited about it and played with Minna, and then all of a sudden said to me, "I thought I was getting a dump truck for Christmas".  I reminded him that we had the other one and said that it was his, and once he realized he could claim it and not Miriam he was totally happy.  Now he is excited to have a tractor AND a dump truck.

One of my favorite parts is Joshua was super grateful for every gift, and would run up and give the giver a hug. 

For dinner we had ham, roasted pineapple, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and cheese cake.  The kids enjoyed some frozen blueberries too.  Miriam got quite a blueberry mustache. 
 
It was quite a wonderful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment