Saturday, January 26, 2013

Miriam at 7 months and 8 months


I wanted to do a post for Miriam at 7 months, but now that I am finally getting around to it she will be 8 months tomorrow, such is the life of a third child. So I will do my best to remember the highlights of her 7th month then add some 8 month stuff too.

7 months
  • Half way through her 7th month Miriam was full on crawling. It was so much earlier than Joshua and Minna crawled. It was also quite the adjustment for Joshua and Minna to have Miriam all of the sudden be able to get into their stuff.
  • She was the bounciest baby, she bounced her way into learning to crawl.


  • She really started to eat big people food, and boy does she love it.
  • She would squawk like a bird all the time.  It would crack me up.
  • She got her first tooth, and it was an ordeal.  All I can think of is there is so many left.
  • She learned how to sit up.  She used to do this lounge thing to work on getting up to a sitting position, it was kind of funny. My mom told me I should take a picture of it, and the very next day Miriam figured out how to get to a sitting position by herself, and hasn't done the lounge hardly at all.  
8 months
  • Her 2nd tooth just cut through, only 18 left in the next 2 years.  Ugg.  Here is Miriam's opinion of teething.  
  • She can now crawl fast and likes to play chase.
  • She will let me leave for a little while, and will kind of play with a bottle, but when I come back for her, she will chase me around crawling after me until I nurse her.
  • She is a good sleeper as long as she is comfortable.  We call her the princess and the pea, because if something is off she is up.  She also stirs roughly 30 minutes before I have to get up, makes a lot of noise (not crying, groans, hollers, ect), then usually goes back to sleep 5 minutes before my alarm goes off.
  • She loves to have alone time with Joshua while Minna is napping.  Joshua and her just hang out in her room for about 1/2 hour and it lets me get a couple things done.
  • She has  learned how to pull herself up, and  now she bounces when she is standing.
  • She figured out how to climb up a stair. She has only made it up one stair so far, but I know bottom baby gates are are coming soon.
  • Miriam will go to other people, but her eyes always light up when she sees me.
  • She is a beautiful baby, with the most striking blue eyes.

1 comment:

  1. If ever Miriam decides she wants another big sister, tell her I know a 3 year old who'd love the job. And yes, she is a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete