Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving 2014-Snow!

We got our first real snowstorm of the year the day before Thanksgiving, and it has been lovely with the beautiful clean whiteness and the remembering of our blessings. 
I was worried about the snowstorm since Brian had to leave for work right when it started snowing, and had to come home towards the end of the storm, which meant the roads would be bad.  The plows do a great job up here of cleaning up after the storm, but during the storm, they can't keep up.  But he made it home safely.  Joshua my big helper came out and helped me shovel snow in front of the garage so Brian could get his car in the driveway when he got home from work.  He did a really good job, once I convinced him that it was better to shovel slower and actually get the snow on the snow pile.

Yesterday I took the kids out when I took care of the animals so they could play in the snow.  Our snow wasn't quite sticky enough to ball into a snowman, but they could stack it up to make a little store where they sold "ice cream".  They would hand each other handfuls of snow for the ice cream. 

Then we came in and after dinner we made snow cream. 
 
 
This morning we woke up to a ending total of about 7 inches of snow. 
 
Here are my little rascals, yes Miriam is totally stuck in the stairs.  She didn't care though and freed herself as soon as I put the camera away.
See. She spent a good chunk of our time outside having me pull her around on the sled.
 
Snow angels were made.
 
I made a snow turtle to make up for the lack of snowmen.
Then Brian on upped me.
and made a snow lizard. 
 
I am feeling really blessed this Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment