Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Minna's christmas party

Minna had a Christmas party, well two Christmas parties this week at school, but this post is about the party Miriam and I were invited to.

Well Miriam is pretty sure she actually goes to Minna's school.  I brought some things for the brunch party of the party, but I needed more hands than I had to carry it in, so I made a trip back to the car and asked if Miriam could stay with Minna.  Well when I got back Miriam had taken off her jacket and claimed a cubby as her own, and was well involved in the starting activity.  I drug her out the class and we hung out for a few minutes until the party started.

The party started off with the kids singing some Christmas songs, that was really cute.  Then we ate, then the teachers gave each of the kids a gift, which was a book.  Miriam was so upset that Minna got a book and she did not.  There were about to be tears, but then Santa showed up!

Minna went and got herself a spot, front and center.  Miriam was a little less sure of the guy that showed up to the party where she was being excluded. 
Then Santa gave out gifts, and all was right in Miriam's world.  This was a really good Santa, he would get down with the little kids to help them get comfortable, and he stuck around afterwards and talked to the kids.  Minna was talking up a storm at him.

Both girls sat in his lap.


Lots of fun was had by all, and those were two very excited little girls when we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment