Sunday, June 7, 2015

Magic Forest

Minna's year end field trip was to the Magic Forest.  It is this really old amusement park with kiddy and carnival rides that is up in Lake George.  The kids have a blast, and it is nice to go with the school so it was not really crowded and because the cost is half as much.  I would not pay full price to go here, but the field trip is fun.

The rides are generic kiddy style rides, with super old ropes working as seat belts.  Minna wanted to go on the roller coaster, but I kept distracting her from that when I found out from another mom that one time around the roller coaster didn't stop when it was supposed to, and the employees and the parents had to pull it back where it was supposed to be.


One of the favorite rides was the burlap sack slide.  Minna especially loved it.  I remember Joshua loved it too, when he went in preschool.
Another highlight was when Minna and Miriam got to ride the scrambler with Minna's teacher.  She later convinced another mom to take her again. I told her I wouldn't take her on that ride as it would make me sick.


They also had a couple of these things the kids wanted to do.



Then there are the statues.  They are really kind of creep to me. They don't bother the kids at all, but I think the whole park would be awesome for Halloween, if they got the right lighting.

They are kind of obsessed with Santa, these are just a couple of the Santas there.

Here is Mother Goose strangling her goose.

And here are some fake monkeys in a cage, and if you push a button it sings 5 little monkeys.
This broken pinball machine with writing in the dust.

And then there are the clowns.  No wonder people are afraid of clowns.  Notice the bottom one is huge!

It was a fun field trip, and a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment