I only do one birthday party a year since all the kids birthdays happen in just over 2 weeks, and this year it was Minna's year. She had a ballerina princess theme. It was mostly just lots of girly stuff.
We started by giving them crowns to wear, and giving them a wand to decorate with beads. Then they played pin the crown on the princess. All of the girls didn't want to wear a blind fold so they "closed their eyes" and were very accurate at getting the crowns onto the princesses.
After that we decorated cupcakes because we thought one of the friends would have to leave early, so we wanted to let her take her cupcake. Then they got to put a princess cutout into the cupcake. They are wearing old shirts over their clothes in the picture to keep their nice dresses safe.
Everyone wanted to save their cupcakes for later, so we went in the living room for a dance party. Brian was the most popular dancer, enticing one little girl who was nervous to dance, and everyone else wanted to dance with him too. We danced for quite a while.
When that was done it was about time for parents to come. I suggested bubbles, but the girls suggested looking at the goats. The parents came and we looked at goats and the girls fed the goats leaves and branches. When the parents tried to leave the girls started crying. One little girl came up to me and said, "Sister Nix, my mommy says I have to go home, but I don't want to!" She then stamped her foot and stuck her bottom lip way out. I really had to stifle a giggle. So I call it a success when the kids don't want to leave, and the birthday girl ended up happy with the results.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment