Sunday, May 1, 2016

Spring Break 2016

Spring Break was a nice break this year.

On Monday Joshua got to go play at a friend's house for hours, so I took the girls hiking on the trail that is right in front of our house.  Minna loved the sand at the top and made a cake in it.
Tuesday was rainy so we went to the library and stocked up for the week.
Wednesday was nice again, so we took Joshua on the hike too.
The girls enjoyed the sand again.  They made sand gorillas (they came up with it).  Thank goodness it was a washing night that night.

Joshua's favorite part was the "obstacle course" of climbing over the fallen logs.

We have to stop for a snack.
Thursday we went to a park, and ran the kids so they were really tired.  Joshua had fun playing pick up t-ball and then kick ball.

Friday we hung around the house. The kids played in the woods, and Brian and I dug out ancient fencing and other junk that has been rotting in our woods forever.  One piece of fence had a decent size tree that had grown up between the wires.  This was our pile of junk and fence and barb wire.
Then I got cleaned up and the girls and I went and got our hair cut.  Miriam was relieved to find out that a hair cut would not turn her into a boy.


I am not ready to go back to getting up early and packing lunches yet.  Spring break was good to us.

1 comment:

  1. Spring break totally made me ready for summer break!

    ReplyDelete