Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

We had alot of fun this year with the Hallloween festivities. I am really excited to kick off the holiday season this year because Joshua is showing some interest in all the fun.

First some friends invited us over and we carved pumpkins. Brian's is the one on the far right that looks like Tigger. He did a really good job. Neither Joshua nor I should wield knives so I found these things that work like Mr. Potato Head, only on a pumpkin. Joshua got a kick out of picking them out of the pumpkin and then putting it back in the hole over and over again. The pig on the left is ours.
Then Friday night our ward had a Trunk-or-Treat activity. People decorated their cars pretty impressively. We decorated our car, but less impressively. Joshua had a blast after the first couple of minutes while he figured out that it was okay that everyone was dressed wacky. Joshua especially loved the trick-or-treating. He seemed to know that his candy bucket was important. When it started getting full and heavy Brian tried to carry the bucket for Joshua. Joshua would have none of that. Even when he got tired, he hung on to that bucket.

Joshua dressed up as Darth Vader and so we dressed up Brian as Luke. (Get the irony of the mixed up father/son thing).
Joshua loves playing with his light saber and even chews on it. Maybe he is the most powerful Jedi ever because the light saber doesn't hurt him. I didn't dress up, but I put spiders all in my hair. I didn't get a picture though.

So that was the opening to the holidays for us. I am excited to see how Joshua reacts to Thanksgiving and Christmas this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment