Saturday, January 16, 2010

Joshua is going to be a big brother!

Thats right, Nix baby #2 is on the way. I am 17 weeks along and I am due June 27th. We will find out the gender on February 1st and please feel free to vote on if you think the baby is a girl, a boy, or will be shy and crossing the legs.

I am feeling pretty good this pregnancy, a little sicker than I was with Joshua, but not too bad. I was pretty tired during the first trimester and found out that I am anemic, I was started on iron supplements and have since moved to the second trimester between the two I feel better. I also get to take lovenox shots every day to thin my blood, because I had a blood clot earlier our marriage. I make Brian give them to me every night I am too much of a whimp to give them to myself.

Brian and I are super excited to have another baby and affectionately call the baby the fruit or vegetable it is the size of that week. This week the baby weighs as much as a turnip or 5 ounces, and the baby is 5 inches long from head to rump. Joshua doesn't understand at all that a baby is coming, but he does think it is hilarious to lift up my shirt and poke my belly button and say "belly". I think he thinks it is funny that my belly is getting bigger too. I am getting bigger much faster this time around. Sorry no pictures though. Maybe later.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think it is going to be a girl. I had to give myself shots for 6 weeks after I had Kalai because I was recently diagnosed with factor five which means there is a greater likelihood to have blood clots. I used Heparin though because I think it is cheaper (the off brand). Good luck! I'm excited to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, we are only 2 weeks apart! Woot! Woot! I am glad that you are starting to feel better now. Isn't the first trimester the pits! I'd love to see a picture; keep us updated on all the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new bump. I am part of the CR horse womans group. I also have a blog. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! That is really exciting! And I am going to guess that it is a boy, but either way I'm sure Joshua will love having a sibling. That stinks about the shots, but in the end it's all worth it I guess. Ahh, what we go through for our children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm curious about the Lovenox shots. Do they know why you are more prone to blood clots? Do you expect this baby to come early too? I'm scared to do the prego thing again.. I hope everything goes well though!! Wow.. 2 kids. I can't imagine! :D How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new baby! Having two is quite the adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there- congratulations. That is some exciting news!

    ReplyDelete