Friday, January 8, 2010

Joshua's 18 Month Well Baby Check-Up

Joshua had is 18 month well baby check-up today. His stats are: he is 34 1/4 inches tall and is in the 83rd percentile for height, he weighs 24 pounds and 4 ounces and is in the 20th percentile for weight, and his head circumference is 19 1/4 inches and is in the 72nd percentile. All of these show steady growth, and he continues to be very tall, even compared to May babies.

The doctor was very impressed with his development. In the past I have had to fill out the milestones for the previous well baby check-up age, and the current one because he was behind (not adjusted behind, but well baby doesn't do adjusted age), in some of his milestones. Today I filled out the 15 month one, then I did the 18 month form and realized he hit all the milestones on the 18 month form. I only have to do one form next time. The doctor was particularly impressed with his speech and said he talked better than some term babies of his age.

I have been concerned about one thing with Joshua's development, he seems to have a hard time standing without leaning on anything he usually just moves if he can't lean on something. So I tried to demonstrate this for the doctor, and Joshua just stood there in the middle of the floor for a while. Joshua looked totally fine (the little stinker prove Mommy wrong). He didn't lock his knees and the doctor said he probably hasn't learned how to lock his knees yet, but wasn't worried at all about the legs at all, and said that he is just working on developing his muscle strength and will just get stronger.

So we left the doctor's office feeling really good, and really blessed about how well Joshua is doing.

1 comment: