Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Box Trains

When the kids are sick or its snowing so much I don't want to drive anywhere we have to figure out how to entertain ourselves at home. Joshua has a train obsession so one day I got some boxes that we have hanging around and made a train out of them.
I got some paper bowls and punched holes in them and tied them to the boxes so they would turn for steering wheels. I took paper plates and made them into the train wheels. Some were too big, so I cut out the middle to use for a wheel, and used the outside for hats. Then I used a paper towel roll for a smoke stack.
Minna took her smoke stack off and ate it, but she did like driving the steering wheel. Later Joshua pushed Minna all around the house in her train car.

No comments:

Post a Comment