Sunday, February 6, 2011

Minna was 8 months almost 2 weeks ago.

Here is what Minna is doing as of almost 8 1/2 months.

  • She can get around quite a bit now. She has a few different methods. Her newest method is an army crawl, but she will only go short distances this way. She will also turn and spin around on her belly and roll where she wants to go. Another new movement method involves her pushing up from her stomach to a sitting position, and then lunging the direction she wants to go, ending up back on her stomach, and repeating. All of these methods will get her a short distance, but whenever she is left alone in a room, she will end up on the other side of the room. Brian and I have no idea how she travels long distances, so we think she teleports when no one is looking.
  • The new found mobility allows her to bug Joshua more. He likes for her to play with certain toys and not to take some of his other toys. But now she can scoot over and get into his stuff. I have been doing more refereeing lately.
  • Minna has been upgraded to playmate for Joshua. She is not sure whether she likes the promotion or not. It gets her more attention, but it can also be dangerous. Yesterday she ended up sitting on top of Joshua's blanket, and he tried to pull it out, but then he realized she came along when he pulled. So he started pulling her all over the house. They were both laughing and giggling and I was waiting for the scream which fortunately never came.
  • She still loves to bounce. She bounces on our laps, in her exersaucer, off the arm rest of a chair when I am trying to nurse her. She is a very bouncy girl.
  • Minna is starting to babble a little bit and will say dada on occasion.
  • She really likes to eat foods with a little chunk in them. Her favorite foods are Cheerios and green beans from the frozen vegetable mix I buy. She likes to take the green bean and suck the inside stuff out, since she can't chew the whole thing. I think she likes it because it is the food she has the easiest time feeding herself with.
  • When she gets upset she screams like a banshee. That girl has some lungs and is not afraid to use them.

Well that's about all I can think of right now. If she does anything else really fun, she will probably still do it in a couple of weeks when she is 9 months old then I can put it on that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment