I thought I would share some of Joshua's learning mechanisms (is that what it is called when you use one idea to remember another?) because they make me laugh.
Geography:
We have a puzzle that is in the shape of the United States, and the puzzle pieces are several states bunched together. When he puts it together he asks what it is, and I will tell him the state that is most important to us or easiest to remember. He knows Nework (New York and all the other New England and Mid Atlantic states), Baby one( Tennessee and other Appalachian Highland states, I don't know where he came up with this one), the Boot, (Louisiana and the couple of states north), the Hat (Minnesota and Iowa, a friend taught him that), The rock one (I think he is referring to the cheese on Wisconsin, but I am not sure), Texas, (I am sure my Texas relatives will love that he knows that), Calirado (Colorado), and Reindeer One (referring to the moose on Montana).
Colors:
Colors are all in reference to what Thomas the Train they look like. So I will ask him what cup he wants and he will say "Blue one like Thomas". Or we parked next to a green car today and he was so excited to see Green like Percy. He does know more colors than we have train names for though.
Shapes:
Circles are for snowmen. He goes out of his way to get circles close together to make snowmen out of them. And if you ask him what shape a circle is, he will tell you circle for a snowman. Also every time he sees a star he yells out "There's a star like Jesus born."
It will be fun to see what he comes up to remember things when he goes to school.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago




Too Funny! Davey is the same about his colors, except it's Sesmae Street for him and he doesn't say the actual color. For him it's Can I have a Cookie Monster cup or that's an Oscar the Grouch car. Aren't thoes little toddlers so cute. Also, Davey is still obessed with all things Christmas.
ReplyDelete