Sunday, July 24, 2011

RIP Elvira


My poor old car is dead. She was the first car I ever owned, I bought her when I was a senior in high school and she was a major step up from Bonnie, the giant boat car I drove before. I bought her with 100k miles on her and then she proceeded to take me all over the country, many times completely full of our stuff as we moved.

She took me and my roommates on a road trip to California my freshman year of high school.

She took Brian and me to Tennessee and back to Utah right after we were married.

She went to Vegas and to Yellowstone while we were in college.

When Brian got his job we drove her her to Texas to visit my grandparents, then to Tennessee to see Brian's family, then to New York so Brian could start working, then to South Carolina for Brian's work, and then back to New York.

She had 195K miles on her when we went to do emissions and inspections. But this time it was going to be too expensive to do the repairs to make her registerable. Fortunately everything broke at once and it was an easy decision. Sadly we sold her to a junk car man who took her to a shredder.

Rest in Peace Elvira.
If you are wondering why the front and back of the car is cut off in this picture, it is because it was raining buckets when I took the picture, and so I took it from inside my house looking out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment