Saturday, July 23, 2011

Update on Joshua


I haven't blogged for a while, so I thought I would do an update on the kids starting with Joshua. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I get all caught up on the blogging because we have had a lot going on.

Joshua is getting so grown up. He can get dressed by himself except for his socks. He does dawdle, but will hurry if he is racing Minna getting dressed or if after he gets dressed he can go somewhere fun.

He is all boy and loves everything with wheels. He loves trucks and tractors and is obsessed with trains.

Joshua has started recognizing letters so I started doing home pre-school for him in very small amounts. For about 30-60 minutes a day we either have a lesson, read stories, or do an art project, while Minna naps in the morning. Joshua loves it. I put together a binder of the things he does, and he loves having all his papers in his school book.

His compassion skills are developing and he prides himself in making Minna feel better when she is crying (some of the time).

He is in the thick of potty training and the last time I bragged about how he was doing, we had a major backslide, but I can honestly say even though it may be a while until he is fully potty trained, I can imagine that day actually coming, where before I wondered.

Joshua is just our fun big guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment