Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Saratoga County Fair



I love the county fair here. The kids and I went three times for about 3 each time. One of those times Brian came too. Amazingly we hardly saw anything more than once. I hardly took any pictures because I was too busy enjoying it.

Here are some of the things we did and I took pictures of.

There was a playground sales guy there that had a boat swing and slide set the kids could play on.

There were tons of the typical exhibits with farming things, food, art ect. But the fair people are genius and set up toys in the middle of the rooms so the kids could play while the parents look at the exhibits.

Joshua loved the pig racing. It was one of the few things we saw twice. On the second day we went to the fair the whole way there Joshua complained because he couldn't hear the pig racing yet (they have really loud speakers and announcers). I could hardly get him to look at anything else while we waited for it to be time for the pig race.

Another thing Joshua loved was the antique electric train that the owner lets the kids "drive" around the track twice.

They had a firefighter show that taught us about fire safety. After the show Joshua got to practice crawling through smoke in the house.
When we went back with Brian we saw the draft horse driving competition. It was thrilling watching the horses go by all decked out.

Then we took Joshua over to the rides. The rides are the most expensive part of the fair, we allowed Joshua two rides. Of course he chose the train ride first
He ended up on the engine with this other little boy and they both chattered excitedly the whole time. I think they both had more fun together than they would have by themselves.

Then he rode the fire truck ride.

Some of the best parts I didn't capture on camera. Minna loved the goats especially the baby goats. She would put her fingers up and the baby goats would suck on her fingers and she would shriek in glee.

Brian found a woodworking exhibit and there was a lady there who made a top for Joshua. There was a taxidermy exhibit of animals from all over North America.

They also had a rodeo. It wasn't as high quality rodeo as they have back west, but it was fun and Joshua not knowing any better really enjoyed it.

The fair was alot of fun, I can't wait till next year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment