Right before we left the hospital Brian picked up Joshua and Minna and brought them over to meet Miriam. I wasn't expecting them to be too interested, Joshua was hardly interested in Minna after she was born. But the kids were super excited. They came in the room saying, "See Baby!" over and over again. It was lunch time and so Brian was going to head down to the cafeteria to get lunch for the kids. Neither kid wanted to leave. I had to use the bathroom so I made Brian take Minna, because I figured a two year old loose in a hospital room with a newborn on a trolley was a bad idea.
Joshua stayed and basically just looked at Miriam. He pretty much refused to let her out of his sight (when she wasn't in her pack and play) for the next few days. Minna spent the whole time they were picking up lunch going, "Where baby?" It took Minna a few days to refer to Miriam as Miriam instead of just baby.
After the kids ate lunch and I nursed Miriam we let them hold her.
Then they each got to give her a kiss.
Then we loaded up the mini-van and went home our family of five.
No comments:
Post a Comment