Sunday, August 5, 2012

About Miriam

I thought that Miriam deserved a post of her own.  Minna got a post every month of her first year and Miriam is now 10 weeks old and hasn't gotten her own yet.  She is my first full term baby and I feel like the newborn stage really flew by.  She is also my best baby by far and hardly ever fusses or cries.  She is such a good baby that I wish the baby stage would slow down.

Here are a few random things (brags) about her:
  • She sleeps 12 hours a night and has been for the last couple of weeks.  She was sleeping 10 hours at 7 weeks.
  • She only eats 5 times a day and was eating 6 times a day at 7 weeks.  This is really weird for me because I nursed the other two about 6 times a day until I weaned them around a year. 
  • She tolerates tummy time.  She used to fuss for a while and then go to sleep, I think she is getting too old for that now.  She can pick her head up and look around quite well. 
  • She actually likes to look at the baby toys and will stay there for a while when she is rested and fed. 
  • She is learning to enjoy attention from her older siblings and her and Minna seem close already.
  • She will accept a bottle if she is really hungry, but only of pumped milk.  She is convinced that formula  is poison.  (If you want to hear her scream try to feed her a bottle of straight formula).
  • She loves her bath and will fuss every night about 7:00 to let us know that it is bathtime and that she should be getting undressed right then.
  • She likes to sleep warm.  If it gets to a chilly 72 degrees upstairs she wants her fleece swaddler.  Heaven help this baby this winter.
  • She is a smiley baby and loves to talk to whoever will talk to her.  I tried to get a picture of her smiling but she gave me this look when I pulled out the camera.

But then she did give me a nice smirk.


No comments:

Post a Comment