Sunday, August 26, 2012

Its Preschool not Boarding School

Joshua is starting preschool this fall.  It is going to be like kindergarten was for me, 2 1/2 hours 5 days a week.  In preparation for this big step I have been talking to him about preschool and trying to get excited.  I am not sure what he has in mind about what is going to happen, but here is some excerpts from some of our conversations.

Conversation #1
Me:  In the mornings I will take you to preschool.
Joshua:  Will you come get me when it gets dark?
Me:  Of course, I will get you before lunchtime.

Conversation #2 a few days later
Me:  The day before preschool starts we get to go meet your teacher and see your classroom.  That way we can see where everything is.  Doesn't that sound like a good idea?
Joshua:  Then we can see where I am going to sleep.
Me:  You are going to come home to sleep, you are going to come home after lunch.
Joshua:  Oh.  Then we can see where I am going to nap. 
Me:  You are going to nap/have quiet time at home.
Joshua:  But Sister Bear took naps at school.*
I then try to explain the difference between full day and half day school.

*At least the idea of napping comes from something.

Brian and I wonder what he thinks preschool is going to be like.  If he thinks that now that it is like college, you move out, but can go home sometimes.  I think after the first day of preschool he is going love it, once he realizes that he gets to come home every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment