Yesterday Joshua had a couple of opportunities to add spice to my life.
That morning I was hoping that Brian would get home from work in time to watch Joshua while I showered. Well he didn't. I normally put Joshua in his high chair in the bathroom, and put a new toy on his tray periodically throughout my shower. I feel bad cooping him up though, so I was thinking back to Christmas time. My mother-in-law was watching my nephew who was about a year old then, and she let him run around in the bathroom while she showered. I figured since Joshua is almost a year adjusted he was old enough to try the same thing. The part of our bathroom where the shower is, is in its own room and there was only a tupperware dresser in there with towels in it. I figured he couldn't get into too much trouble.
So I brought in some toys for him to play with and got in the shower. I am getting my hair wet and look over and this little boy has pulled back the shower curtain at the front of the tub and is grinning and getting soaked from the shower spray. I tried a couple of times to close the shower curtain, but Joshua just kept opening it. I decied that it would be better if he was standing at the foot of the shower instead, so I picked him and put him down there. That was fine, but he started throwing toys in the tub, and got bored if I didn't throw them back out. I started throwing the toys a little farther away, to slow him down. But the only other place to throw them is back towards the front of the tub. Next thing I know, Joshua is standing there grinning at me as the shower sprays all over.
Finally I get done and get out. Joshua is totally soaked and there is a giant puddle on the floor. Joshua thought the puddle was tons of fun. I get dressed, dry him off a little and go into the room with the toilet and the sink to brush my hair. Joshua crawls away into our bedroom, I don't worry too much since Brian just cleaned our room up really well. Then I hear giggling. I go in the bedroom and he isn't there. He had crawled into the other toilet room (I didn't realize that door was open), and was pulling the toilet paper roll as fast as he could. So that was my morning.
Later that day I was talking to my friend, Erica, and we both needed to go shopping for a baby shower and we decided to go together. Joshua really likes her daughter Rowyn. I thought that Joshua would be good in the store, because he likes just watching Rowyn move around. Well I put Joshua in the seat of the cart, and he stands up, so I have to put him in the big basket part. He was having a blast standing up in it as I drove it around. Erica and I stopped to look at the baby clothes. Joshua starts going through my bag and hands Rowyn my wallet. She starts looking in it, but isn't really going too far, so I figured it was fine. I wandered a little farther looking at stuff. I look back at Joshua and he is taking things out of my bag and hucking them. As I go to retrieve my stuff, a Target employee comes over and asks if the pile of credit cards were mine. Rowyn had wandered off and dumped my whole wallet on the ground. Then I go and try to put my wallet together and Joshua starts crawling away as fast as he could.
So as Brian put it Joshua had a very productive day causing mayhem in my life.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment