I have decided that toddlers are made to keep you on your toes and they can be just plain funny.
Joshua has become obsessed with the bathroom lately. Every time I have to go (which is all the freaking time, I am pregnant), he runs to the door and goes "bathroom, bathroom". Once I held him on the toilet for about 1 minute until I got tired, and he thought that was great. So I decided to buy him a potty, we will need it sometime anyway. I bought the potty and he has sat on it like twice and for like 10 seconds before freaking out. But he loves the fact it will act as a stool. He can now reach the sink and will play in it for as long as I will let him. Sometimes I bring a book in there while he splashes. 
We have been working on teaching him to clean up. I will sing the clean up song from Barney (I remember the song from when Emily watched it, I haven't seen it in years) and Joshua will run around saying "clean-up, clean-up". He will even clean something up if he has very specific instructions, and we say "Yay!" after everything he does. Well one day we were cleaning up, and he started taking books off the living room book shelf and stacking them in our room one at a time. After each book he would cheer for himself and run back for another book. Silly kid.
Like I said toddlers are fun and I never know what to expect next.




I'm glad you see the humor in toddlers! I swear I need to be more focused on the funny stuff (because she does do a lot of that) than on the tantrums! Are you pretty much tantrum free still? I'm so excited for your little girly on the way!! Wahooo. How fun! Congratulations.
ReplyDelete