Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Randomness

Here is a catch up post for the last little bit. Warning it is a long post.
Valentines Day
Brian had to work on Valentines Day and the days before so I wasn't expecting to do much we talked about getting carryout for dinner, we usually don't make a huge deal about Valentines anyway. I invited a friend over and decorated some cookies. They were shaped like snowflakes and we had pink icing and sprinkles to put on them, they turned out really pretty. But that Saturday Brian surprised me coming home with a dozen roses. They got really pretty once they opened up a few days later. He also bought some candles so we could have a candle light dinner. We fed Joshua some leftovers in the fridge, and then Brian went and got the food while I put Joshua to bed. It was so nice to eat without having to put food on Joshua's fork every other bite, and wipe up his hands all the time. We could just eat and relax. After that we put a movie in and cuddled on the couch. It was a wonderful Valentines.
Brian's Birthday
Monday was Brian's birthday so last weekend we invited some friends over to play a game he had been wanting to play for a really long time. It is kind of a complicated game so we put a movie on for the kids, until they started to go to bed. The game became easier to play as we put more and more children to bed. I also made him a white chocolate raspberry cheese cake, and it actually came out pretty (not many things I cook do), but I didn't take a picture. I ended up being sick on his birthday so I was glad we celebrated early.
Fun with Joshua
I won a giveaway on a blog I read and ended up with $100 gift card to Pottery Barn Kids. Joshua has this obsession with chairs and he can't quite climb on the couch yet so we thought we would get him a chair. He got him this red easy chair. He loves it, it is the first thing we have heard him say "Mine" for. -On a side note, I am pretty sure he learned the word "mine" at nursery, because Brian and I don't say it that often. Anyway he loves it and will sometimes run around the apartment and then come and fall into the chair and then take off running again to come back and fall into it.
He has also got into this thing where he packs up everything he can carry like he is going on a trek or something and walks around saying "Bye, Bye" and tries to say "See you later". He isn't carrying it all in the picture, but before I got the camera out he was holding or wearing everything to the right of him in the picture.If you ask him where he is going he says "Outside" and tries to open the door.
Last week it was winter break for the schools so the library did things for the school age children instead of the toddlers. Joshua has gone through and unexpected growth spurt lately and hardly had any clothes that would fit. I decided to take him to the mall since the library was canceled. I ended up buying tons more clothes for the baby for next winter than for Joshua (someone had already picked through his size at the sale I was looking at). I bought a couple of jackets for her, and Joshua has fallen in love with the bigger one. He will dig it out of her clothes and come up to us and say "Jacket", and we help him put it on. If we forget to zip it, he will tell us to. Then he just runs around the house in it. He likes to put it on when he packs up for his trek, maybe because he has to put on a jacket every time we leave the house.
He has also gotten obsessed with having a blanket around. There is a certain type of blanket he likes, but fortunately he doesn't care which one of them it is, so we can wash them, or just hand him the most convenient one. A lot of times in the morning he will wake up before I get out of the shower. I put books in his bed and he usually will sit in there and read, sometimes I don't even know he is awake. One morning I got out of the shower and hear several bangs. Then a few minutes later I hear Joshua start screaming "Blankey, Blankey". He is really upset so I go get him, and he had gotten bored and thrown everything out of his crib. He then realized he had thrown his blankey out too, and became distraught. He settled down immediately once I gave it back.
Snow Day
Last night we got a lot of snow. Probably a good foot to eighteen inches. They plowed the roads last night, and this morning there was close to another foot of snow on the road. Then they plowed it this morning and within a few hours there was another couple of inches on the road. Because of all the snow Brian's work declared a snow day for all nonessential employees. Brian was on his Training week so he was considered nonessential. Even though Joshua and I are sick, we still decided to go out and play for a little bit. It was surprisingly warm and having all the snow was pretty fun. Joshua was less sure about it since the snow came up to his waist and he couldn't go anywhere. I tried dragging him in the sled, but the sled tipped over and Joshua ended up face first in the snow and he couldn't move and it took Brian and I a minute to wade through the snow and rescue him. After that he was wet and cold and cranky and we had to go in.
Isn't he cute in his snow clothes.
Brian is maybe a third the way down in the snow with his snow angel. We got a lot of snow.
Well thats it, props to you, if you made it to the end of here, especially if you aren't my mom or Brian's mom.

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome little chair! And kudos to the hubs--those are beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete