Sunday, May 16, 2010

Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Katheryne come to visit

Last weekend Brian's brother Jeremy and his wife Katheryne came up from Tennessee to visit us. Brian was on a four day weekend and it was Joshua's birthday that weekend so it was great timing.


Jeremy and Katheryne left Friday afternoon and drove all night and got here at 5:00 a.m on Saturday. I knew they would be getting in in the middle of the night (they were delayed, they were supposed to get in at night, not in the morning), so I had Brian blow up the air mattress, and we put sheets on it, so they could just go crash. We left the porch light on and the doors unlocked and went to bed. The next day after they got up I needed something out of their room, so I went in and noticed the bed was all deflated. I asked them if they liked sleeping on the floor or something. They said that the bed was like that when they got in, they thought we had forgotten to fill it, and didn't want to wake everyone up by filling it up. Poor guys they drove for forever and had to sleep on the floor. We did get them a new air mattress that would stay inflated for the rest of their stay.

After they got up we showed them around the property. Joshua took an almost immediate liking to Jeremy and insisted that he carry him around or hold his hand. It wasn't long before Joshua was saying "Jeremy, Jeremy" and he still occasionally asks for him. Joshua also really liked Katheryne and cuddled with her extensively the last night they were here.


Saturday night was Joshua's birthday party and Joshua even went out with just Jeremy and Katheryne and his friend's family to swing. (Joshua is just getting over a seperation anxiety phase so this is a big deal to us). Sunday wasn't too exciting, we all went to church, and then spent most of the day calling mothers and grandmothers for Mother's Day.


Monday we took Jeremy and Katheryne to downtown Saratoga Springs. We first went to Congress Park and Joshua chased some ducks, and we saw some brand new baby ducklings. Then we watched Joshua throw weeds and sticks into their fish pool. Its a good thing we don't go there too often. Then we walked and looked at the stores downtown. Brian and I haven't actually walked around down there yet, so it was kind of fun. There were a lot of stores with jewelry, trendy clothes, and funny looking racing hats. Jeremy and Katheryne did find a store where they were able to find a present for their dog. (It was a leash, theirs had broken).


Then we went home and I took a nap because I was tired from walking around all morning, and Jeremy and Katheryne went on a hike on one of the trails near our house. They ended up getting a little lost and walked a long way to figure out where they were. Then we just hung out for the night and Joshua got all cuddly. It was really fun to have them come up.

This is the one real picture I have from the trip, maybe next time I will be better about getting the camera out.

No comments:

Post a Comment