Saturday, June 26, 2010

Seriously-I am working on it, it takes a while

Yesterday we went to the Farmer's Market. We bought some cucumber plants, and I mentioned to the lady selling them that we had planted seeds, but the starts died when we didn't water them the really hot week that Minna was born. She wasn't listening well or something because she looks at me and asks me when my baby is due. I pointed at the stroller behind me and said she was born a month ago. The lady then pointed at her stomach and said don't worry I have a pooch too. (Not a quote, but something to that effect). Thanks.

That reminded me of one time when I was going to visit Joshua in the NICU. He was probably around a month old. I was riding the elevator up to the fifth floor where the NICU and the labor and delivery is at Utah Valley Hospital. A guy was also on the elevator and when I told him I needed to go to the fifth floor and he asked me if I was going up to have my baby right then. I know I had a pooch then too, but I was only six months pregnant when I had Joshua, I don't think a month after he was born I was looking "ready to pop".

I am working on it, or at least I will be, but I am not going to have a flat tummy tomorrow. I think I am going to look for some chocolate now.

4 comments:

  1. Have a piece of chocolate for me. Some people are just idiots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta girl! It deflates eventually. Mine's still working on it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm suspicious of people who say it ever goes away.....no worries. That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to the chocolate! I still have a pooch and D is 18 months and I've got no plans for another baby any time soon! :D And I was barely showing when I had her!! Ahh.. I guess mine is just fat and I'm in denial. :)

    ReplyDelete