Joshua was super excited to go, only partly because we promised him a ride on a train at the zoo (will be in a later post). Anyway the morning we left we had to leave the house really early. I went in to get the kids, and Minna started bawling, and Joshua who is usually really cranky when he first wakes up, about bounced out of bed in glee.
When we went to get on the planes Joshua was still super excited, he would try to run to the front of the line. I think that next time we may use him to cut to the front of the line. When we all sat down in our seats, Joshua stood up in his seat and looked around and yelled "Whose driving this thing."
He also got a kick out of telling everyone around us about what he was going to do in Utah or what we did in Utah. Fortunately everyone around us was really patient about having a three year old and a one year old on the plane. One couple did decide they didn't want to sit near us though. We were sitting there and the kids were being quiet and so they didn't notice us at first and started to sit in front of us. Then they noticed us right behind them, and promptly got up and moved to the back of the plane.
We had to come up with different ways to amuse the kids. We did bring a movie, but the flight was alot longer than the battery power of our DVD player. So we brought playdough, books and markers. I spent 20 minutes drawing trains all over Joshua's legs. Minna's favorite game was where I would fold her in half over and over again.
Minna hardly slept and Joshua never did. The day we traveled to Utah he got up at 5:00 NY time skipped his normal 2 hour nap, then didn't get to bed until 7:30 (which is 9:30 NY time). He just started bawling that we needed to go home. I could just see him thinking "today has been fun, but I am sooooo tired I need to sleep." I was worried that with him being so tired that he would be too upset to sleep in a new place. Fortunately he has a sister who was sharing a room with him and so they giggled for a while and settled down.
Traveling wasn't too bad, just tiring.




No comments:
Post a Comment