Friday, September 16, 2011

Naive Joshua

Joshua is so naive. But its not necessarily a bad thing. Today I had to go to the grocery store and I told the kids that if they were good we would go to the dollar store afterwards to get them each a balloon. Well Joshua runs in and grabs a Sponge Bob balloon. I was thinking to myself, "Great, he accidentally watches 5 minutes of that show and now he is all into it." But Joshua goes, "Look its a mini-wheat." He loves mini wheats and he is convinced that it is a picture of a mini-wheat with a face and legs. I wasn't going to let him get the Sponge-Bob balloon, but I was okay with a mini-wheat balloon.

Then as we were walking out the door he sees someone lighting a cigarette. Then he yells out, "Mommy, he's having a Popsicle!" I think it may be time to start talking about not smoking or in Joshua's mind, having the really cool popsicle with fire at the end.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I have sponge-bob too. My kids know better than to ask if they can watch it. And we recently explained to the kids what smoking was b/c they had seen it on a show (a kids' show no less) and now I'm afraid they are going to say something about how bad it is the next time they see someone smoking.

    ReplyDelete