Saturday, March 16, 2013

Crazy Chickens

This morning Joshua wanted to go on a walk, so after Miriam's nap I got them all into snow clothes, and me too. I put Miriam in the stroller and went to go get the dog. I passed the roosters, and I have found that if I chase them regularly, they don't chase me. So I chased them a little bit and got a hold of one. So I carried him over, and I usually throw them in with Red  if I get a hold of one. So I threw him in Red's pen, and went and got Chasse. I get him out of the yard and I hear squawking. The rooster had walked over to where he can get out of the fence, and instead of going under the fence, he jumped into Red's water bucket. So I had to tie up the dog, and hurry over there to get him out. I was having flashbacks to when growing up our silkie chickens would jump in there and drown. Red's bucket was half way full. I get up there, and dang that rooster is tall, the water only went half way up his body. So I fished him out, and fortunately the sun came out and it stayed above freezing. He seems fine now he is running around with the rest of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment