This is the first year we have celebrated Saint Patrick's Day around here. I have tried in past years and have had results of "NO GREEN!", or just total lack of caring. But this year Joshua had a leprechaun visit his school and leave him a gold candy, so he was all sorts of excited about Saint Patrick's Day.
We built a leprechaun trap. With a rainbow to lure him over, and then a rainbow ladder for him to climb and then fall down the shoot and get caught in the box.
Later Miriam got around it and dropped a spoon into the trap.
So this morning the kids woke up and went and looked at the trap. They found a note and a hole in the side.
For those who don't want to click on the picture to read the words, basically he used the spoon to dig a hole out of the trap and escape, and then he went to play a trick on the kids. But because the kids were so smart to catch them, he left some treasure (aka ten shiny pennies for each kid).
We went downstairs for breakfast and we found green milk!
This is what Joshua thought about the green milk.
He refused to eat it on his cereal, so I had green milk cereal, and he got to open a new jug. Minna didn't care one way or another, she doesn't have milk on her cereal.
Everyone had to wear green today. I found some stuff for the kids but I couldn't find anything green for me to wear, but I found these lovely green socks:
I took this "professional" looking photo of the kids.
Then Joshua had to take a picture, so here is us girls.
Then Minna took a picture of Joshua and Miriam. Miriam was done and was on her way off the couch during this picture.
Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment