Dinner at our house can be a rough time sometimes. The kids are cranky and not receptive to new choices of food. I try to make new things fairly often, because half the time the kids won't eat the same thing they were willing to eat a week ago. Last night and tonight we had
crockpot cabbage rolls. I also made some zucchini bread. Yesterday when the kids found out what was for dinner, there was whining and demands for a meal full of zucchini bread. I told them that they could not have any zucchini bread until they ate the dinner. More whining, and almost a mutiny resulted. Then I told them they could have one bite of zucchini bread for every bite of dinner they ate. The kids loved it. When Joshua would eat the cabbage rolls he kept saying, "these aren't as bad as I thought they would be." Thanks I think. And they were super happy they got to have it again tonight as long as they could alternate bites. I am definitely using this trick again.
No comments:
Post a Comment