Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Run

Last week Brian, Joshua and I all ran a race.  We did the Pumpkin Run at the Saratoga Spa Park.  Brian and I ran the 5K.  Brian had a goal of 21 minutes, he ran it in 19:45 and he placed second in his division and it was a personal record for him.  I had a goal of 40 minutes with pushing the girls in the stroller.  I ran it in 36:16 which was a personal record for me.  (I have done only one other 5K and that was a ridiculously hilly course and I had Miriam on my back and I was pushing the big two in the stroller, so they aren't really comparable).  I was really happy I made it in much less that my goal time.

The course was beautiful this time of year and it was fairly flat, except for one hill that ended up being a gravel path which was kind of hard to push the stroller up.  The stroller also made it really hard to maneuver around people, next year I will try to do one where I don't have to push the girls.

Joshua ran the fun run.  He ran a whole mile without stopping.  It was mostly some slow jogging with some crazy sprinting.  He also enjoyed the fact he could dress up, and he was all dressed up as Superman.

Brian won a glass cup for his prize, and Joshua got a medal with a ghost on it. 
 
Here I am pushing the stroller like I did in the race.  It is a really nice stroller we inherited, but the stroller and the girls together weigh 90 pounds, plus other stuff. 
After the races and some showers we went to Joshua's school Fall Festival.  I was expecting it to be really expensive since it was a fund raiser, but we only spent $5 to play some games, let the kids jump on the bouncy house, get the kids' faces painted, and to go through their mini haunted house.  There was food you could buy earlier, but we got there too late and I am not a fan of raffles so we didn't do those either.  It was nice and low key and the kids had fun.
 
Here is Joshua playing a game.
 
 
Here are the kids with their faces painted.  Its hard to see Minna's, but she has a pink crown painted on her forehead.
It was a fun day, and the kids were all down by 7:00 pm which made the day that much better.
 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'm glad I didn't run this year...you guys totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete