We got there and had a pancake breakfast, with ham, and yogurt and bananas. It was $6 for adults and $3 for the kids. And there was money left over for charities. I was super impressed by the prices, I have been living in New York for a while. Then they started blowing up the balloons.
Then up into the air they went.
Miriam had to use the bathroom so we got separated from the big kids, but we had fun hanging out.
Meanwhile the big kids had to go check out the Star Wars Balloons.
And get their picture taken with Star Wars characters.
One other bit of excitement was that the Pink Pig Balloon popped as Miriam put it. We watched it go down, fortunately no one was seriously hurt.
Pink Pig Balloon flying
Pink Pig Balloon Falling
This article tells more about the balloon accident. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35328251#UM2iF9cWc1Jvhmhi.01
All of that excitement was done and over before 9:00 a.m. so afterwards my sister Emily and I got to go to the newly dedicated Payson Temple. It was the first time I have been able to attend the temple with her.
Afterwards we went out to lunch at a Dominican restaurant. Emily served her mission in the Dominican Republic, and it was fun to eat her mission food, which was really yummy.








No comments:
Post a Comment