The days that I go visit teaching seem to be dangerous for Joshua. I have only gone visit teaching twice since he is born, so it is probably coincidence, but these are the only two "Aaack" moments I remember during his life.
Aaack moment number 1-
Brian and I only have one car. So my visit teaching partner picks me up to go visit teaching. I buckle in Joshua's car seat, instead of putting it in the car seat base when I go with her. I don't like to carry Joshua in the car seat, so when we got there I just took him out, and left the car seat in the car. When we were getting ready to leave, I strapped him in the car seat, then got in the front. A couple of minutes later, Joshua was fussing so I turned around to give him something, and realized that I had not buckled the carseat in. So even though Joshua was strapped in his carseat, the carseat would go flying in a crash. My partner pulled over at the first opportunity, and everything was fine. It sure scared me though.
Aaack moment number 2-
Yesterday I was working on picking up around the house. I had propped Joshua up in the chair in our living room and given him a toy to play with. I was sitting on my couch putting up his nebulizer. All of the sudden I look up, and catch him as he falls head first off the chair. He wasn't hurt, I caught him before he hit the floor. A couple hours later I went visit teaching.
So hopefully this is just a fluke, but it seems like visit teaching makes me a slacker mom.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment