Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Starting a blog

I finally am jumping on the boat and starting a blog. With a push or two from some of my friends. So as my first post I thought I would bring people up to speed on our life by posting the Christmas letter I wrote, but never got around to sending out.


So here it is:


This is our first Christmas Newsletter. I won’t call it our annual one because it would obligate me to do another one next year. I just thought it would be nice to see all the things that have happened over the last year on one page.

School
Brian and Karalee both graduated college this year. Brian graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering. He was able to finish his degree in four years which is impressive because of the high credit requirements. Karalee graduated with a joint master’s and bachelor’s degree in Accounting. She graduated in the top 10% of her class. She was actually done in December of 2007, but walked in April 2008 with Brian. They are both happy to be done.

Work
Karalee worked Tax season at Johnson and Associates. It was tiring because she was pregnant, but very enjoyable. She stopped working when Joshua was born and has been enjoying being a stay at home mom ever since. The first part of this year Brian worked for DIPPR, doing research for a chemical database. This fall he started his new job with Lockheed Martin. Brian will be training the Navy how to run their nuclear submarines. Right now he is training at Naval Power School in Charleston, South Carolina. In the spring we will move to upstate New York, where Brian will be working. He is really excited about this job and has been enjoying it so far.

Joshua
On May 9, 2008 Brian and Karalee welcomed a new member to their family. Joshua was born 11 ½ weeks early at 2 pounds 13 ounces. The family has been greatly blessed in that Joshua has not had any major complications. Joshua spent 2 months in the NICU and came home just with oxygen for feedings and a monitor. Fortunately he was able to graduate off the oxygen and the monitor before the family had to move. He has been working on catching up ever since he came home. He now weighs about 17 pounds. Joshua has just started eating cereal and rolling over from his tummy to his back. He really thinks he is cool when he does rolls over.

Well that’s the most exciting things that have happened to us in 2008. We hope that you had a good year too.
This first picture is Joshua a couple of days after he was born. He looks so happy to be with his daddy.
























This next picture of Joshua is a picture of him a few weeks into the NICU. I love it, because it shows off his personality.
























This is a more recent picture of Joshua. Look how much he's grown.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! So happy to have you here. I love the new picture of Joshua, he has grown so much and looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for starting a blog, I am so excited!! He looks sooo cute! Seriously. Love him. You guys sure had a lot going on this year. It's crazy when you sit and write it all down, then you realize just how busy you've been. Here's to 2009!!

    ReplyDelete