Friday, January 16, 2009

Late Christmas Post

I wasn't going to post a Christmas post because it is so late. Then I realized that this was Joshua's first Christmas so I should have some record of it.

It was a good Christmas. We went to Knoxville to visit Brian's family. Brian's sister Jesse was so nice to let us stay in her room, so that we could be near the nursery where Joshua was sleeping. Otherwise all three of us would have had to sleep downstairs in the same room. But since Joshua had his own room we didn't have to worry about waking him up when we went to bed. It was super nice.
We also had Brian's mom watch Joshua a couple of times so we could go out for a few hours without him. We love the kid but having the break was wonderful. One of the times we got out we went to dinner. It was so nice not having to try to eat quicker than Joshua's patience wears out.

The holiday wasn't all happy; Brian's aunt Vicky passed away Christmas Eve. She was a wonderful lady and is deeply loved and missed by her family. We were able to stay a few extra days to attend the funeral, which was beautiful. It ended with a piano solo of Rocky Top (University of Tennessee's fight song), because Vicky was an avid UT fan. We all miss her.

While we were in Tennessee we saw alot of family. Joshua got to hang out with his cousin Jacob. Jacob is five months older than Joshua. It seems like a big difference now because they are in totally different stages developmentally, but one of these times when they see each other they will have tons of fun. We did get this one picture of them together.
The mystery hand holding Joshua up is Jesse's.

It was kind of crazy the amount of stuff Joshua got. On the way home our car was super full; it was like we were moving all over again. Our favorite gift for Joshua was a high chair that you connect to a regular dinner table chair.

The chair makes it so much easier to feed him; before we were feeding him in his bathtub. He was so wiggly. It is also wonderful, because he will sit in it and play with his kitchen stuff while I eat. He used to sit on my lap while I ate. It was getting pretty bad, because he started to want to eat whatever I was eating. Now he can sit in his highchair and make alot of noise.

Well that's Joshua's first Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Dang, I can't believe how big Joshua looks!! So dang cute. Good call on the high chair, we still don't have one for Tay yet, and it's getting a little ridiculous! She tries to get everything on the table she can reach and chuck it to the floor. Hopefully soon I'll go an get one, I swear!

    ReplyDelete