Sunday, February 1, 2009

Children's Museum

On Thursday Joshua and I went with two other moms from church and their babies to a children's museum in downtown Charleston. Joshua had a blast. Even though he was too small for most of the stuff, he enjoyed watching the kids running around. One of his favorite rooms was a room with the little rivers to play in. The rivers that you can race little boats through the rapids, or learn about how water creates energy. The water was too high for Joshua to reach, so I had to boost him up on my lap. Here we are at the water:
The next place we went was a fishing boat. It was pretty cool the kids could lower nets with fish in and out of the boat, there was a steering wheel, and a whole cabin, complete with a fake toilet. It was hard to find a place where Joshua had something to lean against to sit up with, so I put him in the place where you dump the fish. He thought it was fun and even tried to eat a fish. Sushi anyone?

On this trip we rode with one of the other moms and her cute little daughter Rowyn. Rowyn is 18 months old and we see her often at church and at work functions. Anyway on the way home Rowyn is facing forward in her booster seat, and Joshua is facing backwards in his carseat, so they are looking right at each other. They just start talking baby talk back and forth to each other, and were having a ball. Then Joshua puts his hand up on his car seat, and Rowyn reaches over and holds his hand, and they just sit there and look at each other holding hands. It was so cute. Too bad I didn't get a chance to take a picture of that too.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Joshua in the fish boat. He looks like he's saying: yum fish, I think I'll eat this one. I also really enjoy Childern's museums, I think they're a great place to learn.

    ReplyDelete