Happy Ground Hogs Day! When I lived in Utah, today is the day where I tried to remember if spring was coming sooner if the groundhog saw his shadow or not. I am sure I will pick up this tradition next year when we live in upstate New York. But right now I think winter is over here. I think South Carolina has one week of winter. There was one week where it was cold and actually snowed a little. I thought Joshua would have to move to New York to see snow, but his first snow was here in Charleston. It was a wimpy snow, the toughest snowflakes barely making it to the ground, but it was snow. I guess it is possible for the weather to have another attempt at winter here, but I greatly doubt it. So I think that was winter.
Everyone who is wishing they were having our winter, just remember next winter for us is most likely going to be longer than a Utah winter, so we will pay our dues. Just not this year.
Side note: More than once people in church have come up to us and asked us where we are from. When I mention Utah, and we tell them we are moving to upstate New York, they tell us we must be liking the cold weather Charleston is currently having. Brian and I are confused because we have been out in light jackets and felt fine. I have been on walks where people have pulled over and offered Joshua and me a ride, because they feel so sorry for the baby out in the cold. I hope we don't get that wimpy.





At first I was jealous about your South Carolina winter, but if the price to pay for one nice winter is multiple winters in New York, I'll stay in Utah. I don't think you'll get wimpy after one winter in SC. Just enjoy it while you can!
ReplyDelete