Brian is turning 26 years old today! I would write 26 wonderful things about Brian, but I don't think Joshua will take a long enough nap, so instead I will write 6 examples of my 2 favorite things about Brian.
1st Favorite Thing: Brian is a wonderful husband
1-Brian is helpful. This week I did laundry at our dumb laundry mat, where the dryers only work half the time. Well some of our clothes didn't dry, so I had to drape them all over our apartment to dry overnight. Brian gets up before I do, and when I got up the next morning, all the laundry was folded.
2-Brian lets us go out on weekends. I am sure Brian woudl like to stay in and relax on the weekends after working all week, but he will take Joshua and I out so we don't go crazy.
3-Brian makes it possible for me to listen at church. He will take Joshua out when he is fussy. Brian used to take Joshua to Elder's Quorum, but now with the time change, Joshua needs to eat then, but Brian still takes Joshua in Sunday School when Joshua tends to be fussiest.
4-Brian supports me in my endevors. Brian never planned on marrying someone with a horse, but Brian has gone to multiple horse shows with me and even plans on buying a horse someday so that he can ride with me. He also supported me going to get my Master's in Tax, even though we plan on me staying home and being a mom.
5-Brian makes sure I relax. I am bad at making myself relax, so Brian makes sure I take some time to do it. When he comes home from work, I will tell him all that Joshua and I did during the day, and Brian always asks me if I sat down and chilled for at least a few minutes.
6-Brian is willing to alter his lifestyle for me. Before Brian met me he planned on just living in the suburbs. Now we plan on living in the country, having animals, and a garden. Brian is totally cool with it, and even plans on building jumps for me and my horses and building me an aviary so I can have birds.
2nd Favorite Thing: Brian is a wonderful dad.
1-Brian plays really well with Joshua, in fact Joshua is so excited to see Brian when he comes home from work, Joshua starts squealing and flailing in delight.
2-Brian hurries home from work every night so that he can feed Joshua. In fact Brian has fed Joshua so often, that the couple of times I have had to feed him, Joshua starts laughing at me. I didn't know babies could learn gender roles this early.
3-Brian works like crazy all day at work so he can get home in time to see Joshua for a while. Brian told me once he worked through lunch and through the class breaks, so that he has time to work out and still come home early.
4-Brian has the best lullaby for Joshua. It is in French, so I don't know what it says, but it is beautiful when Brian sings it. Brian even sang it when I was pregnant, and I am pretty sure it is Joshua's favorite song.
5-Brian is a comfortable place for Joshua to sleep. When we are out of the house and Joshua wants to sleep, he has the hardest time sleeping on my shoulder. But Brian can get him comfortable and Joshua can sleep like a baby.
6-Brian is proud of Joshua. Whenever we go somewhere Brian loves to show off Joshua. And whenever Joshua reaches a new milestone Brian heaps on the praise.
These are just a few of the reasons Joshua and I love Brian. Happy Birthday!
1st Favorite Thing: Brian is a wonderful husband
1-Brian is helpful. This week I did laundry at our dumb laundry mat, where the dryers only work half the time. Well some of our clothes didn't dry, so I had to drape them all over our apartment to dry overnight. Brian gets up before I do, and when I got up the next morning, all the laundry was folded.
2-Brian lets us go out on weekends. I am sure Brian woudl like to stay in and relax on the weekends after working all week, but he will take Joshua and I out so we don't go crazy.
3-Brian makes it possible for me to listen at church. He will take Joshua out when he is fussy. Brian used to take Joshua to Elder's Quorum, but now with the time change, Joshua needs to eat then, but Brian still takes Joshua in Sunday School when Joshua tends to be fussiest.
4-Brian supports me in my endevors. Brian never planned on marrying someone with a horse, but Brian has gone to multiple horse shows with me and even plans on buying a horse someday so that he can ride with me. He also supported me going to get my Master's in Tax, even though we plan on me staying home and being a mom.
5-Brian makes sure I relax. I am bad at making myself relax, so Brian makes sure I take some time to do it. When he comes home from work, I will tell him all that Joshua and I did during the day, and Brian always asks me if I sat down and chilled for at least a few minutes.
6-Brian is willing to alter his lifestyle for me. Before Brian met me he planned on just living in the suburbs. Now we plan on living in the country, having animals, and a garden. Brian is totally cool with it, and even plans on building jumps for me and my horses and building me an aviary so I can have birds.
2nd Favorite Thing: Brian is a wonderful dad.
1-Brian plays really well with Joshua, in fact Joshua is so excited to see Brian when he comes home from work, Joshua starts squealing and flailing in delight.
2-Brian hurries home from work every night so that he can feed Joshua. In fact Brian has fed Joshua so often, that the couple of times I have had to feed him, Joshua starts laughing at me. I didn't know babies could learn gender roles this early.
3-Brian works like crazy all day at work so he can get home in time to see Joshua for a while. Brian told me once he worked through lunch and through the class breaks, so that he has time to work out and still come home early.
4-Brian has the best lullaby for Joshua. It is in French, so I don't know what it says, but it is beautiful when Brian sings it. Brian even sang it when I was pregnant, and I am pretty sure it is Joshua's favorite song.
5-Brian is a comfortable place for Joshua to sleep. When we are out of the house and Joshua wants to sleep, he has the hardest time sleeping on my shoulder. But Brian can get him comfortable and Joshua can sleep like a baby.
6-Brian is proud of Joshua. Whenever we go somewhere Brian loves to show off Joshua. And whenever Joshua reaches a new milestone Brian heaps on the praise.
These are just a few of the reasons Joshua and I love Brian. Happy Birthday!




How sweet of you to post for Brian's birthday. Brian you are awesome and happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You sure are a great dad and husband (well from what I can see from the sidelines). In fact, just today Brian called me to tell me that Joshua said da-da. That's adorable! Hope you had a great birthday.
ReplyDelete