My inlaws came into town again this weekend. Joshua seemed much more comfortable with them, so Brian and I went out on a date again. We were going to go to the movies. We got a pair of free movie tickets for Christmas, and we tried to go to the movies over Christmas break, but we didn't make it there in time.
This time we were more prepared, and left plenty early to go to the movie theater. On the way we were stopped at a red light and a car goes right by us. Both Brian and I think, wow, they are not stopping for the red light. A car was going through the other way and then came the smash. Brian and I were the only ones that had witnessed the crash, so we stopped. Brian called 911 and went to go see if the people were okay. The people were banged up a little bit, but there was no blood. The girl who got hit was really sore and going into shock. Brian and I spent the next 1/2 hour talking to her to try to keep her calm, until the ambulance came. Then we had to tell what we witnessed and what not. By the time we got back to our car the movie was starting.
Brian and I were a little rattled so we went home for a little bit. Terry and Bob enouraged to try to go out again to get dessert. I have been missing the Malt Shoppe in Provo, and there was a little ice cream store near our apartment, so we decided to try that. We both ordered a shake and they were grainy and thin. It was highly disappointing. But at least got to talk for a little bit.
Other than that we had a wonderful weekend with Terry and Bob. Joshua loved all the attention. The weather was bad, which kept us from going on a picinic like we had hoped to, instead we went to the mall and ate our food there. Terry and Bob let Joshua ride on a merry go round, only it was in cars. He loved it. He was even driving the steering wheel. Unfortantely I did not bring my camera, but it was a good weekend except for the date part.
Summer fun with people I love
5 weeks ago




Scary!! I HATE car accidents. Especially when you see them. Ohhh, sad day. That's good that Joshua is getting more used to being with them, that makes things nicer. Have your parents gotten to come out there?
ReplyDelete