Friday Brian, Joshua, and I had a Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. It started out when I woke up at 5:30 wishing I could throw up, but not being able to. I went back to bed, but our bed is really hard and uncomfortable, especially when you don't feel good. So about 6:30 I got up and thought maybe eating something would help. I went to the kitchen and realized there were no clean dishes because I had not started the dishwasher the night before. I hand washed some dishes and ate some cereal. That made my stomach ache worse. Then I got Joshua up and nursed him. I then took him in his room and let him play while I just lay on the floor feeling yucky. I realized I had to shower because Joshua needed his synagis shot that day.
So I got us ready and then realized the carseat was not in the house. I was afraid it was in Brian's car at work. I decided I would go check my car to see if Brian had put it in there. Brian had, so that crisis was adverted, but on the way back inside I ran Joshua's head into the door knocker. Poor kid. Then we went to the doctor.
We got to the doctor's office early, and they took us right back and weighed Joshua and said they would be right there to give him his shots then we could go. I was thinking perfect, I would just push back his next nursing a little and feed him at home so he could take his nap. Well they took forever getting the shots and we didn't get home until 10:00, and he usually goes to sleep at 9:30. Well he fell asleep on the way home in the car, even though he hadn't eaten yet. I tried everything I could to keep him awake, even setting off my cell phone, but nothing worked. He only slept for a few minutes though so I got home woke him up and fed him and tried to put him to bed. Of course he wasn't tired anymore, but I was feeling worse and feverish. So I just stuck him in his bed and made him play/fuss in there until he went to sleep at 11:15.
Then I had to wake him up again to eat because his schedule was so off. After I nursed him again I had to feed him lunch. Baby vegetables mixed with oatmeal looks and smells disgusting when you are nausous. This whole time I was feeling sicker and sicker, but I had hope that Brian would come home from work early because he had a test that day and that usually means he comes home super early. So I call and leave a message to hurry home when he can. Brian calls back and says that they aren't getting out early. I think, well thats okay Joshua will take his afternoon nap soon. Well Joshua took his morning nap so late, he pushed his afternoon nap back too.
So I spent 3 hours either laying on Joshua's floor while he played with his toys, or laying on the couch with Joshua in his high chair by the couch. I positioned the high chair so it faced the computer and had the pictures going on the computer to entertain Joshua. He was such a sport and hardly fussed at all. Brian left school as soon as the teacher was done and hurried home. When he walked in the door Joshua was in the high chair. Joshua looks at Brian and starts crying so sad. Brian got him out and held him; Joshua was thrilled for some attention.
The rest of the evening went better, then after Joshua went to bed Brian went to exchange out playstation 2 he bought that was not working. On the way home a car turned right in front of him, so they got in a wreck. Brian is fine, just a little sore, but his new car is all banged up.
We were sure glad when that day was over.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago




What a horrible day! Yuck! I am so sorry. I hope things start looking up for you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! YUCK! That is totally lame. I'm so sorry about that. Plus, I have NOT called you back yet. Worst friend ever, for real. I'm going to give you a call right now!
ReplyDelete