Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day at the Beach

Saturday, when we were grocery shopping Brian decided that he wanted to buy a kite. So then we thought of where we could go to fly the kite, and it occurred to us that the perfect place would be the beach. So we went to the beach.

We had a lot of fun. It was breezy and a little cool, some people had jackets on, but Brian, Joshua, and I just enjoyed the breeze, since it has been so hot. Brian got his kite up easily, and Joshua thought that was pretty fun. Joshua also enjoyed watching the kids run around, and his favorite thing is when Brian puts him on his shoulders. Joshua always looks at me like "Hey Mom, look where I am, I am so cool." Then he grabs chucks of Brian's hair like reins and tries to steer him.

Brian tried to put Joshua's feet in the water. We had gone to the beach in October and we got Joshua soaked to his chest and he did not care at all. So Brian thought he would be fine with his feet, even though the water was cooler. Nothing doing, Joshua was not happy. We also thought that Joshua would like to play with the sand. The sand made him so mad because he couldn't hold onto it. He would grab a handful and it would all fall out of his hands. I am pretty sure he wanted to eat the sand, so I didn't mind too much.

But Joshua was easily distracted with his favorite toy, my water bottle, and sat there contently while Brian and I just sat and watched the ocean and dug holes in the sand. It was a very fun outing.

--We did take some pictures, but we put them on a disposable camera, just in case we drop the camera in the ocean, so after we get the pictures developed and scanned in I will post some.

No comments:

Post a Comment