Sunday, March 21, 2010

Beginnings of Spring

I don't have any pictures with this post because the weather has been so beautiful and I have been too busy playing with Joshua to take pictures.

Most of the winter the temperature stayed below freezing, but then suddenly it was in the 40s. Joshua and I basically ran outside after being cooped up so long. The melting snow created giant puddles and Joshua couldn't resist stomping in them. He would also put his hand in them and splash and grab things out of the puddles. He didn't care that the puddles came from melting snow and were freezing cold, they were so fun to play in.

After several days of bringing in a soaking wet child I sent Brian to the store to buy goulashes for Joshua. I guess normal people whose children are Joshua's size don't let them splash in puddles because Brian couldn't find any goulashes in his size, so we too big ones on the child. It took Joshua a minute to figure out how to walk in his giant boots but he soon got the hang of it. Joshua especially loved it when Brian put on his work boots and went puddle stomping with Joshua. But between having new puddle boots and Brian going with him, Joshua got brave and went in a giant puddle that went over the top of his boots and he still came in soaking wet. But he had tons of fun.

Since it has been warm we have also spent several days at Congress Park. Joshua loves following the ducks around, running in any which direction he pleases, finding sticks or leaves or other treasures, and going up and down the steps of the war memorial.

Another fun place we have been is the local elementary school's playground. Joshua loves going up the stairs and down the little slide. The bigger slides don't have normal stairs to them, so Joshua tries to climb up the slide. I am too big to help him go up the scary stairs, and so I just try to push him up the slide as he climbs, but the slides are too tall. Whatever we both get our exercise. Joshua tried out the big swings and did really well, except when he would tell me to swing next to him. He would take his hand off the chain to point at the swing, and then he would fall off. After a couple of times he figured out how to put his elbow around the swing to hang on while pointing at my swing.

We are loving spring and can't wait for more outside adventures to come this year.

1 comment: