One of the things a child is supposed to do by their second birthday is be able to put on a simple article of clothing. Joshua has been trying for months but has not succeeded. I figured this milestone might be late, but wasn't too worried about it since he was trying. I was thinking about that the other day when I was driving home, and opening the garage. I went back to the car to get Joshua out, and he had put his hat on. He did it at exactly the same time I was thinking that he couldn't. He proved me wrong. The next day he went to work getting on his sister's jacket. Joshua ended up getting it on, upside down, but on. Here he is looking so proud.
Brian zipped it up for him if you were wondering.
Joshua also likes to put on his apron and have me put on my apron. Here we are together in our aprons. (Joshua's face is cut off because I was trying to take the picture myself, and this is the only one the lighting worked out). 
Here is Joshua in his apron. 
Now for the random stuff, first off I have been finding tons of crazy deals on diapers and stocking up like crazy for both Joshua and the baby. I have been using the boxes to pack up stuff for when we move, and put all the diapers in a giant box. I probably have 600-700 diapers in this box. Joshua helped me put them all in, and now he loves to sit on top. 
Yesterday we had a primary activity on missionary work. Here is Joshua with his name tag [Missionary Activity]. We wrote letters to missionaries, learned about exercise, made a healthy snack, learned a scripture, then we went and listened to someone talk about their mission. Joshua listened to Brother Barzee talk about his mission in the Baltic States. Joshua was so interested he sat there for over 30 minutes. He never sits still that long. Then we got to sample foods from all the different countries, they were all really yummy.
Lately Joshua has had to be super brave. Last night Brian found a tick on the bottom of his head. (I am such a great mom, that I saw it two days earlier, but didn't recognize it and thought it was just a scab from one of his many falls). I had to hold Joshua still while Brian pulled it out. Joshua sat there so good and didn't fight at all. But part of it was stuck in. So I had to hold Joshua still to try to get it out, and Joshua held perfectly still and only whimpered. When Brian was done Joshua kept telling us "All Done" to make sure we were done picking on him.
Then tonight we cut his hair again. Joshua was super good and held still, especially for the scissors. He didn't fight at all. He is so brave. So that is Joshua's many adventures for this week.




No comments:
Post a Comment