I tend not to take Joshua to the doctor unless I have to. Before his adnoids were removed, his nose was running all the time, so it was impossible to really tell if he was sick. (Joshua always sleeps really well at night and is always very energetic). Also I don't want to go to the doctor and have them tell us that its just a cold so run a humidifier and give him fluids. I can come up with that on my own. Last winter Joshua did get sick and I thought it was just a cold and I took him in for his well baby check-up and instead of giving him his shots they sent us home with a nebulizer.
Well this winter Joshua has had a cough ever since it got really cold, and so has half the kids we see at church and at library. This last week I developed a cough and thought I just got the same cough that Joshua had. Well a few days later the cough got deeper and Joshua's cough became deeper too. I started keeping us inside and we started watching movies to rest, but I was sure it would just go away. Monday night I started coughing so much I kept Brian up half the night and he called in to work to take a day off to take care of me. Thursday night Joshua woke up screaming and uncomfortable, Brian was able to get him to go back to sleep.
The next morning I woke up still coughing and Joshua had a fever. I finally decided to call the doctor. Joshua's appointment was first and they said he had walking pneumonia. I felt like a great mom I waited so long to take Joshua to the doctor he had mild pneumonia. Lovely. When I went to the doctor I found out I had bronchitis borderline walking pneumonia.
Fortunately there are lovely antibiotics and we are feeling much better now. We also watched Cars, Finding Nemo, and Winnie the Pooh about 85 times each in our healing process. Maybe I will take him to the doctor sooner next time, but probably not.
We love our Spanish Fork Missionaries
5 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment