Having a new baby makes the family want to come and visit. So we had both sets of grandparents visit back to back. Everyone had made arrangements for when they were going to come before Minna was born. Since she came a little early she was a little less new, but more interactive than a newborn.
We did similar things with both sets of grandparents so I will only go into detail on one post or the other, but I may mention the other grandparents in each other's posts.
Brian's side came first. Brian was on swings and working two extra hours a day when Terry and Bob came. (Brian worked the two extra hours for two weeks, the two weeks we had family in town it was kind of annoying, but there was nothing we could do about it). I had found some super cheap berries so I had this bright idea to buy a ton of them and make jam out of them. Well I ended up buying about twice as many strawberries than I needed, but I chopped them all up before I realized that. I had been having kind of a rough day, Minna didn't nap that day so I was pretty wore out. She was also fighting going to sleep that night, while I was working on the jam.
Bob and Terry had left at 6:00 in the morning and got in at about 9:00 at night. I was still working on jam and was all cranky, but fortunately Bob and Terry were too tired to notice or too polite to say anything. (Probably the second). But I ended up with with two batches of delicious jam.
Anyway while Bob and Terry were here we went to the county fair, but we also went with my parents so I will talk about the fair in that post. The other big thing we did was build a swing set. (By we I mean pretty much everyone in Brian's family and my family except for me).
When we bought the house the sellers left the swing set and slide until he was ready to move it somewhere else. We knew he was going to take it and since Joshua loves the swing so much Brian asked Bob to help him make a swing set. 
It took Brian and Bob a while to get started, they had to go to the hardware store a couple of times. But it was fun to watch them work. Brian got a big kick out of planning the whole thing, you can tell he is an engineer, he even did trigonometry to figure out how to do the swing set. Bob is an electrician and is super meticulous. He made everything he did was absolutely perfect. Brian had to work a lot, so Bob and Brian didn't get to finish it even though Bob and Terry stayed up late working on it the night before they left. When my parents got in we asked them to help finish it. It didn't get worked on until the last day they were here, when the seller came and took the old swing set. Brian, my dad, and Nathan got the swing set finished the last night my family was here. I couldn't figure out what my dad's favorite part was until I realized its the rush of getting something done quickly at the end of a deadline. The swing set got finished right before my family had to leave.
Here is Joshua enjoying the swing set. 
We also spent a lot of time just enjoying the house and the surrounding area. When Bob got here he asked if Joshua would warm up to him faster. The next morning when Joshua got up Bob took him outside, and Joshua had a blast. They spent a lot of time wandering around and having fun.
Minna had just started smiling, and so Terry and Bob got to enjoy interacting with her some. 
Some other things we did was go visit the neighbor's horses, goats, and chickens; throwing rocks in the creek; catapulting balls out of the tree, Brian and Bob helped with my primary class, ate yummy pizza at Village Pizzeria, and lots and lots of swinging.
We had so much fun when they came. 




No comments:
Post a Comment