Thursday, August 19, 2010

Minna's Blessing

Minna was blessed on July 25, 2010, her 2 month birthday. She was blessed by her father. Also her Grandpa Barrington was in the circle. We were hoping that Brian's family was going to be able to be there (that is why the two visits were so close together), but Brian's mom had a great job opportunity and had to go back to work 2 days before Minna was blessed.

Minna looked beautiful in her blessing dress.
I was a minute late to sacrament meeting because I had to feed Minna and then get her dressed. When I went in and sat down, Brian leaned over to me and said that everyone that he had asked to be in the blessing circle wasn't there (except my dad). Everyone that Brian had asked showed up later that day at church, but it worked out fine. Brian, my dad, and the bishopric stood in the circle. Minna thought about fussing, but they bounced her enough to keep her quiet.

Brian gave her a wonderful blessing. We gave her the name Rebekah Minna Nix. The part of the blessing I remember the most is he blessed her to have joy in this life and in the life to come. I think that is a wonderful thing.
Afterwards we took a few pictures.



1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on all your posts!! You're so good at posting. I love little Minna. She is so beautiful. Her blessing dress is sooo darling. We blessed Ellie the same day:). Fun, fun to have the families out there. Also, I want to see pictures of your house. The yard and swingset look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete