Thursday, June 2, 2011

Utah Trip Part 2-Riding the Horses

When we go to Utah of course we have to ride the horses and the kids have the ride the pony. The pony's name is Patchie, she is 26 years old and taught my little siblings how to ride and now she is teaching my kids to ride. Patchie loved the attention and I think she enjoyed the pain killers which took care of her aches and pains.

Minna absolutely loved it. She had to take turns with Joshua the second time she got on, she started rocking back and forth to get Patchie to go.

Joshua loved it too. At first he didn't like trotting, but after Emily started "racing" him at the trot e wanted to trot all the time. Joshua also loved the games my mom played with him; we played roll the dice and red light green light. Patchie remembered red light green light from before and was all excited and raring to go. Every time my mom held up the green paper Patchie would about take off.
To let the kids ride as much as they could sometimes they rode together.
And sometimes Joshua would ride with Emily and race Minna on Patchie.

Of course Brian and I got to ride too. I rode Red a couple
of times. I was happy to see he remembered me and still likes me. He really is my horse.
Red did let Brian ride too.
We had a lot of fun with the horses and Joshua still talks about it and shows off his cool boots.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! It's in the blood I tell you. My daughter loves to ride and says helmet about a million times so I know she's ready to go :)

    ReplyDelete